Tuesday 14 April 2015

I Like Being Alone, I Don't Fancy Being Lonely

Why hello to you reading this!

I do like to do little updates every now and then because i feel like its a form of talking to myself... and to be blatantly honest. I am by myself most of the time, and it can be both a positive and negative thing.

Lets start with the positives shall we?
  • PERSONAL SPACE. I do love my personal space, i hate being smothered by people, i suppose that my introverted side of my personality coming out.
  • PEACE AND QUIET. Ahhh, the serenity (quote from "The Castle") When you're by yourself there is a lovely element of your surroundings which is the sound of nothingness. But a nice nothingness if that makes sense? i like the quiet because it allows me to think without distractions interrupting me or it can clear my mind;. I find it quite soothing.
  • WALKING AROUND NAKED. I know, i know, really mature. But honestly, there's nothing more liberating than walking around in your birthday suit after you've had a shower. Just make sure you're the only one in the house for this one!
  • SINGLE LADY DANCE PARTIES. Yes, i admit. i am that girl who has a dance party to All Time Low, Jesse McCartney and Marina And The Diamonds in her bathroom that carries out to the hallway and lounge, and then I proceed to Snapchat the events to my best friends in hopes they won't disown me. But you can be as crazy as you like, sing as loud and terribly as you like without feeling judged.
  • PEOPLE ARE ANNOYING. If you have never found human kind annoying/frustrating as hell... then your time will come honey, just you wait.
  • NO EXPECTATIONS TO LOOK PRESENTABLE. Oh how i do love a makeup free day with a messy topknot and my favorite pair of track pants (or no pants) and over-sized shirt. It is the best form of comfort, just maybe double check yourself in the mirror if you get a knock on the door; could be the cute mail-boy... or an annoying door knocker?
  • PEEING WITH THE DOOR OPEN. I know, this is a little TMI, and i admit, i hardly do this; but if you do, power to you! like point three, make sure you are definitely alone.
Okay, those are just a few perks of being alone.
Let's finish with the downers.

  • NOBODY TO HUG. This is self explanatory really. who doesn't love a good bear hug? or a morning hug? or a best friend hug? or a i'm-still-mad-at-you-but-i-love-you-anyway hug? or my personal favourite, a hug from a furry friend.
  • YOU CAN'T VENT. Alright there are many ways to vent but the best way is to just let it all out whilst sitting next to somebody on your bed. and then they can step right in there and hug you when you're feeling down and tears are starting to fall down you're cheeks.
  • THOUGHTS THOUGHTS THOUGHTS. Bad thoughts can be a real bummer and can really make you second guess yourself no matter the situation. When you have people around you its easier to escape those lingering thoughts, when you do feel like your mind is running away from you, grab your headphones and listen to your favourite band or song; even watch your favourite movie!
  • NOBODY TO LAUGH WITH. Laughter is that one thing that always makes me feel happier in an instant. And although you can have a laugh by watching 6 second videos, there is no better feeling than somebody reciprocating that laughter with you until you can't move properly and you are rendered helpless on the floor like a clapping seal. (aka me)
  • BAD TIMING. there are good and bad times to be alone, i know from my perspective if I've had a bad day i like to be alone but it's not always a good idea. Sometimes you need positive energy to lift your spirits and you'd be surprised how much your mood will change!
  • SMALL NOISES SCARE YOU. Ah yes, it's 12.45am and you hear a noise, and you immediately start to freak out. 'There's a robber in the house' comes into your mind and you wrap your duvet around you a little more. It's probably just the tap from your bathroom, calm yourself. But if it is suspicious, definitely call emergency services!
  • WALKING.... ANYWHERE. Not only is it boring when you don't have somebody to talk to, but i really hate walking home by myself. As a female, society has told me that it's 'normal' for women to be preyed on. And 90% of the time when i pass a male, its totally fine; but that momentary feeling in your stomach when you pass an older,tall, intimidating well-built man, is actually scary. And it shouldn't be this way. I shouldn't be afraid to walk to or from work in daylight or in darkness...




So there you have my ponderings for this Tuesday evening (almost Wednesday morning), i hope you enjoyed reading my ramblings. And there are probably many more things I could add to either list, But until next time...

Love, Maygen
xxx

1 comment:

  1. i will read this over. yeah, alone and lonely are two different and i'm more lonely but not alone enough.

    ReplyDelete