Thursday 17 April 2014

Update- School, Music, Makeup, Life!

hmm.
so i have recently discovered (cough, always known), that i am very bad at updating, and when something slips my mind i tend to forget about it for a number of days, in this case; months. So... i am going to try (key word, TRY) and make more posts soon. Year 12 and life in general seems to complicate things, and i sacrifice activities such as this blog to do what is required of me at the time.. even if it's cleaning my room.
At the moment though, i will give you a little run down on what is going on with myself at the moment.. this might be more of an eye opener for me than you, who knows!

School: Ahh yes, the wonderful place where i spend 6 hours a day, 5 days a week at... and it seems to come home with me as well.. as i proceed to attempt my homework... attempt. I have finished the first term and i'm currently of holidays, which unfortunately end in a little under a week. i should most likely, probably, definitely, absolutely start my homework which i said i was going to do in the first week of the holidays.. but it seems that sleep and watching the rest of season 3B of Teen Wolf  was more satisfying... and just to clarify... Teen Wolf literally had my sobbing in the second last episode, if you watch it... you know what i mean. But yes, school has been irritating, but it's had it's little perks like the Talent Quest which was rather fun.. and i dressed up as a Ghost Buster as the theme was 'A Night at the Movies' and i silently laugh and face-palm because:
1. i have only ever seen half of Ghost Busters
2. i did spend $60 on a costume that was designed for a male height of 6ft when i am the height of 5'1... needless to say i did a lot of folding of material on the arms and legs, also tucking in with the belt i wore because the zipper literally went down to my knees!


 it was a very good time none the less, and i did get to see my guy friends do Beyonce's 'Single Ladies' dance in Storm Trooper and Darth Vader costumes... they won best skit and i couldn't have been prouder of their little booty's shaking ... i had a very sore stomach from laughing.

I cannot be bothered typing anymore about school because i'd like to avoid thinking about it, because at any given moment i am going to have a mental breakdown at all the work that is due.

Music: I have gotten significantly better at guitar and i am quite proud of myself for persisting with it... i manage to post videos on youtube every now and then when i feel like it...  it's a nice outlet.I will go down to the music room after a rough day and stay there for hours just singing and playing guitar. It's the only way i can really relax. plus it just makes me really happy, also another way to procrastinate. Also going to see 5 Seconds of Summer very soon with my best friend, and will hopefully see my NZ best friend if she wins a competition to meet, interview and see them live. so fingers crossed that she wins! Previous concert this year was Bruce Springsteen, and i'm telling you now. He is the definition of a true performer that knows his shit, because he can keep going for up to 4 hours without stopping. I don't listen to a lot of his music but i sat there gobsmacked at how easy he made everything look, his stories he would tell the audience had everyone laughing, i can only aspire to be even 1/2 of an entertainer and musician that he is.

and lastly,

Makeup: My favorite word that turns my head in 0.01 seconds when somebody says it. It's been hard finding time to really experiment and be creative as there simply aren't enough hours in the day, however i did do this: trial makeup as the joker for a friend.. worked out really well and i scared mum: mission accomplished.

white facepaint is really annoying fyi.
I went to Yarget on a shopping day and i finally found NYX and ELF products! i was over the moon, got my hands on the NXY Jumbo Eye Pencils, could not be happier i'm telling you now! That might be my next update? who knows \m/

That's all i can manage tonight, nut it feels good to finally get back to this blog, i belive there is a lot of potential! To whoever is reading this, thank you for actually reading and i hope you are well. Happy Easter :)

-Maygen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment