Sunday 15 February 2015

I'm Really Bad at Blogging

Okay so i understand that I pretty much neglect this blog; and i think it's because I never know what to write. I'm better at talking in front of a camera and whatever comes out of my mouth is just there. Writing however is a little harder for me, and i think it's due to the fact that I'm scared of sounding stupid; which I'm sure everyone can relate to in one way or another.

I guess I'll start with what has happened within the last 3-4 months!

1. I finished and graduated High School... Yep, this girl right here passed and did alright in her exams. I'm so happy that i finished school and actually enjoyed my last year of school even though at times i was ready to fall apart like a smashed plate and a Greek wedding.
In Australia we have our exams which occur in late October and go through until mid November; and judging on how well we do in our exams, we then receive out ATAR scores which is a number which can determine what courses/universities you can get into to study your desired profession. A girl at my score got 98.9% therefor duxing the school...i can say that i was very very far away from getting a score like that with the subjects that i did!
Want tips on how to survive your final year of High School? Click here!

2. I turned 18!
Finally on the 17th of December i reached adulthood in one piece.
I haven't been out clubbing yet and i get the feeling that I'm not missing very much from what other people have said.
However I have bought alcoholic beverages 3-4 times and have not once been asked for ID... which was to not only my surprise but to my friends, as they tell me i look a lot younger than them... So it was safe to say that i walked away with a very smug grin on my face. Ah! to prove people wrong!

3. I went overseas! BY MYSELF!
I traveled to New Zealand by myself to meet my best friend Kirsty. Yes, this is technically what you call an 'Internet Friendship'
The experience of travelling was so exciting, scary, nerve-racking and downright amazing. I was in the North Island for approximately 10 days and had a wonderful time. I did't travel outside for the town where i was staying , which was a little disappointing but then again I didn't have the money to go anywhere, or the resources to get me there (aka Hobbiton).
To the two women on the plane whom i sat in-between on the way over; many many thanks to you for talking to me and calming my thoughts as i was a complete nervous wreck!
There was a point where i was watching 'If I Stay'  on the plane and of course it was a sad film that confronts the decision to keep fighting to stay alive or to die in peace. I adored the book so i naturally gravitated to watching it... The movie was amazing however i was nearly on the brink of tears, i stopped myself from crying because i knew if i started, i would not stop.
The younger women whom i was talking to on the flight over was simply wonderful, she explained to me that her husband is from New Zealand and they visit his family with their children every year. She asked me about what i wanted to do, and responded with makeup or to work in film and she told me all about how she filmed documentaries had that he brother in law worked on the set for Lord of The Rings! notably i was very interested in her little stories.
The woman on the left of me made a comment that really made me laugh, she explained that she was sitting by herself on the flight due to the fact she cannot deal with her husband on planes 'Good luck to the person who's sitting next to him' It was quite humorous.
I do intend to go back to NZ with my best friend Bree, her dad and my dad; we want to do some exploring and visit all the places where LOTR and The Hobbit was filmed (slight fan, can you tell?)






4. Youtube!
I started a Youtube channel by the name of 'Maygen Lee' which I upload regularly on. Mainly Lifestyle/Beauty videos. It's a really fun past time and i thoroughly enjoy creating content for. I'm not thinking about how many views or subscribers i have, i purely do it for enjoyment and because i love it. If you would like to see some of my videos you can do so here: My Youtube
And if you feel like seeing more and getting regular updates, you can subscribe :)

Well I think that's everything for the time being.
I really want to get this blog up and running... So i promise I'm going to try.

Thanks for reading!
Maygen
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment